New West College

Tuition & Refund Policies


New West College follows the requirements for tuition collection set out by the Private Vocational Training Act. We suggest you consider these suggestions before picking the institution:

  • Research the private career college you plan to attend, including staff qualifications
  • Research to ensure that the program aligns with your career goals
  • Check the job market to ensure that completing the program helps build credentials toward your future career
  • What are your rights and responsibilities as a student with the institution
  • Is the program eligible for student funding

For potential students in Canada, you may be eligible to apply for financial aid to complete your studies. After you fill out the admission form and submit it to New West College, a representative will contact you to assist you and walk you through the correct application process.

Canada & Alberta Financial Aid Links for Students:
Student Eligibility
Canada Student Grants and Loans
Alberta Student Aid

Note that if you are an out of province applicant, you may also be eligible for your province's or territory's student aid program. Contact us if you have any questions about this at



Private Career Colleges must issue a fee refund within 30 days of receipt of required refund documentation (ex. withdrawal form, notice of contract cancellation, etc.). Whether a college can deduct money from a refund you are entitled to for a program if you owe them money depends on a few factors. See below.

  • College Policies: The applicable refund policy is outlined in the student handbook for each program.
  • Legal Jurisdiction: In some jurisdictions, it may be legal for colleges to offset any refunds against debts owed to the institution. This means that if you have an outstanding balance with the college, they could deduct that amount from any refund you're owed.
  • Type of Refund: If the refund is from overpaid tuition, it might be treated differently than, for example, a deposit for housing, etc.
  • Communication: If you believe you're entitled to a refund and also owe money, communicate with the college's financial office.
  • Legal Recourse: If you believe that the college is withholding a refund unjustly or against their stated policies, you might have legal recourse.


Cooling-off Period

You can cancel a contract within four (4) days of signing if you provide written notice to the private career college. It is vital to keep a copy of your written notice for your records (either printed or digital). You are entitled to a full refund of fees paid for the program, including any application fee, from the college as long as your have not received any of the programming during your cooling off period.

Full Refund After Signing Contract

If a student withdraws from a course before the registration deadline, or when the course change results in a change in registration status, no fees will be charged. Registration deadlines are provided to students upon submitting application forms. It's important to note that the "cooling off" period applies strictly to receive a full refund.

Partial Refund Before Program Begins

You are entitled to a refund of program fees, with a deduction of 25%, if you;

  • Decide to withdraw from the program more than four (4) days after signing a contract and before the program begins.
  • or
  • Fail to meet the program's admission requirements when the program begins.


Partial Refund After Program Begin

For course withdrawals after the Registration Deadline, the effective date of the withdrawal is determined by the day the withdrawal form is received by the faculty.

Students who register but never attend or stop attending without formally withdrawing are not eligible for a fee refund or exemption from paying any unpaid assessed fees. If the student does not attend classes for 5 consecutive business days and has not notified the Institution of his or her withdrawal, the Institution will consider the student as having withdrawn effective the first day of absence, even if the student is enrolled in an asynchronous program.

If a student decides to terminate their contract after the program registration deadline, the institution is entitled to the payment of tuition fees as outlined in Section 17 of the Private Vocational Training Regulation.

  • If the student is provided 10% or less of the program, the college is entitled to keep 25% of the total tuition fees as identified in Part C: Program Cost.
  • If the student is provided 11-50% of the program, the college is entitled to keep 60% of the total tuition fees as identified in Part C: Program Cost.
  • If the student is provided more than 50% of the program, the college is entitled to keep 100% of the total tuition fees as identified in Part C: Program Cost.

Upon withdrawal from the program, it is required that all school-provided resources be returned immediately.

If you wish to withdraw, please contact New West College and provide written notice (